Yield: 3 – 4 servings
- 6 medium leeks, cleaned and cut lengthwise into quarters*
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water or stock
Chop off the root ends along with about 1/2″ of the white, then chop off the leafy dark green ends (down to where the green lightens). Cut the leeks in half lengthwise, rinse thoroughly, and cut each half in half.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a roasting pan, toss 6 medium leeks, cleaned and cut lengthwise into quarters with 2 Tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast leeks for 20 minutes, then pour in 1/4 – 1/2 cup water or stock (enough to cover the bottom of the roasting pan but not cover the leeks) to moisten, and roast for 10 – 20 minutes more or until the leeks are tender.